Daufuskie Island is a residential sea island between Savannah, Georgia and Hilton Head, South Carolina about 2.75 miles offshore. There is no bridge to the island, so the adventure begins with a passenger only ferry/water taxi ride to reach your destination.
- Hilton Head Island, SC to Daufuskie: covered ferry service, water taxi/shuttle
- Daufuskie Island Ferry: www.daufuskieislandferry.com for more info
- Bluffton, SC to Daufuskie: water taxi, boats for larger parties
- May River Excursions: Contact Chris Shoemaker 843-304-2878
On Island Transport:
Ground Transport Shuttle Service: You will need shuttle transport to and from your accommodations.
- Daufuskie Transit: Stuart Yarborough -843-338-2570 for rates and details.
There are no cars on Daufuskie (except for construction/maintenance vehicles) – so golf carts are the way to get around this unique and beautiful 5 x 2.5 mile island during your stay. Golf cart rental fees NOT INCLUDED with your rental.
Please contact the vendors below to reserve a golf cart for your stay.
- Island Carts 843-505-3937 (Ask about ground transportation shuttle service)
- Tour Daufuskie 843-842-9449
- Bloody Point Carts 843-341-5566
There are no grocery stores on the island.
- Contact our Concierge Services and we will coordinate with you on the delivery of your groceries to Daufuskie.
Our team is ready to help with logistical information on getting to the island and getting around the island!