Last Updated: 9/17/2018
These Terms apply to the general Site, and not to customers who have access to the Owner Portal or Resident Portal. Separate terms apply to persons who have access to the Owner Portal and Resident Portal.
Agreement to Terms
By using our Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Site. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that company or other legal entity.
Changes to Terms or Site
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we’ll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or through other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Site after we have posted modified Terms on the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you may not use the Site anymore. Because our Site is evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Site, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
Who May Use the Site
You may use the Site only if you are 13 years or older and are not barred from using the Site under applicable law.
If you want to use certain features of the Site such as contact forms and account registration (“Account”), you’ll have to provide us with your information.
It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won’t disclose your Account password to anyone and you’ll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site (“Feedback”). You can submit Feedback by emailing us. You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms: (i) “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Site.
Content Ownership, Responsibility and Removal
ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Site and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Site and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site or Content.
Rights in Content Granted by ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to download, view, copy, display and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Site and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
General Prohibitions and Island Accommodations on Daufuskie’s Enforcement Rights
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Site or any individual element within the Site, ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s name, any ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use the Site, ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE or any of ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Site or Content or download Content from the Site through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE trademark, logo URL or product name without ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s express written consent;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site from other users of the Site without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
- Although we’re not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Site or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Site, to ensure compliance with these Terms, and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Site. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. We provide these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Site, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of your Account, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions.
The SITE IS provided “AS IS,” without warranty of any kind. Without limiting the foregoing, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE NOR ANY OTHER party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the SITE or content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES arising out of or in connection with these TERMS or from the use of or inability to use the site or CONTENT, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), PRODUCT LIABILITY or any other legal theory, and whether or not CLIENT has been informed of the possibility of such damage, EVEN IF A limited REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In no event will client’s total liability arising out of or in connection with THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE the Site or content EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE FOR USE OF THE SITE OR content OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE, AS APPLICABLE.
THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE AND YOU.
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of South Carolina without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE and you regarding the Site and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE and you regarding the Site and Content. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Site. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision.
The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Site, please contact ISLAND ACCOMMODATIONS ON DAUFUSKIE.